My Lovely Supporters

28 Nov 2010

Creative Inspirations #48

Hi all today we have a new challenge for you to try at Creative Inspirations we would love to see you create a Christmas Gift.
Our sponsor for this week is 
our monthly sponsor is Fantastic Ribbons.

Here is my gift I really hope you enjoy looking at pictures because I have loads to show.
I started off with a large plain box which I found while clearing some stuff, it originally held a Molton Brown TSV which I bought a few years ago, I always knew the empty box would come in handy someday, lol.
This is the box with just the papers on which are from Papermania, for the lid I used Silver mirror card.
It took me several days to actually complete the design I knew that I wanted to feature Tilda images, ribbons, gems, flowers and more. 
For the main central image I used my circle cutter for the red mirror card, the wreath is by Meljen Designs, which are available from Whimsy Stamps. The images and wreath have been coloured with Copics.
I added a doily, gems, ticket sentiment, flowers, stickles and butterflies punched from mirror card. 
The next two pictures show the design of the front a little closer.

This next picture shows the top of the box, I got the idea of Tilda sitting proud at the top from one of my blogging buddies, I cannot remember which one so if it was you please let me know so I can thank you for the inspiration.
The ribbon is wide, scrunched in the middle and a bow tied, then I added some gingham ribbon, and flowers.
The lid is rather thick so I could not fit the fastener I wanted so I threaded through some gingham ribbon. 
 The next picture shows one side of the box with another Tilda, butterflies, flowers, die cut mount and a ticket sentiment.  
The next picture shows the other side of the box again using Tilda sitting on top of the calender stamp I also added some more flowers. 
I have some other goodies that will go in the box ready for my mum to open at Christmas. 
Finally one close up picture of Tilda on top. 
I am sure I have missed a few items that I have used like the red ric rac ribbon and gold stars on the wreath, lol. This creation has been in my head for so long, once I found the box I knew I wanted to do something I had never done before.  I had the combined inspiration of so many of you wonderful crafters/blogging buddies I am thrilled to bits with how this turned out I really hope you have enjoyed my pictures and please do come join us in our challenge.

I am entering this gift box into the challenge at C.R.A.F.T - Christmas Present
Big hugs to all see you soon.

27 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wonderful Christmas box Lorraine! I'm sure your mum will love it.

Hugs
Maarit

Riet said...

So beautiful box Lorraine,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

Wow this box is fantastic Lorraine as is your background music, so angelic, love it xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card box Lorraine, wonderful work.
luv
Debby

Debs said...

WOWZERS Lorraine this is totally stunning and I'm sure your mum will treasure it.
So muh hard work has gone into this and you should be really proud of the outcome you have achieved.
Have a wonderful day.
Love & hugs
Debs xx

Doreen said...

Wow stunning Lorraine, so much detail in this it is beautiful.xxx

Doreen said...

Wow stunning Lorraine, so much detail in this it is beautiful.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! Wow!!! Lorraine this is so gorgeous and you have worked so hard in producing this. Fabulous work Hun you are so talented.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

jaine drake said...

This is fabulous Lorraine, I'd love to receive this one. What alot of work you've put into it too.

coops said...

wow,wow and wow again!!!! this is absolutely fantastic lorriane.i love all the tildas and amazing colours and embellieshments.so many beautiful details.lucky mum to be recieving this :D

xx coops xx

Nannieflash said...

Stunning Lorraine it certainly shows how much work youve put into it its gorgeous, well done. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Vintage Milly said...

Oh wow, wow, wow! This is just amazing, I love it so much, gawd, I would be hopping with joy if this were my present, well done you!
Hope you are doing just fine sweetie,
take care,
Em.x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Lovely creation and I have an award for you on my blog!
http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-award.html

Sue said...

Hi Hun
oh wowzer what a totally awesome creation, oh some one is very lucky to get such a gorgeous gift, awesome hun, sue,x

Christine said...

This is stunning! So many Tildas and your attention to detail is amazing!!!

Chrissie said...

Fabulous project Lorraine!
There's an award for you on my blog!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...

WOWER girl!! This is totally amazing!! I love your stunning project with the beautiful design, coloring and fabby details!! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

OH WOWIE WOWSERS!!!

This is totally awesome and amazing, I LOOOOOOVE it!!!!!

This is seriously cool, I can see the work and detail you've put into it, its wonderful!

Such an great creations and gift idea!!!

Deb said...

OMG Lorraine this is so gorgeous. Look at all the work you did, fabulous. I love all the Tilda's and such vibrant colors. Stunning creation
Debs
xxx

Unknown said...

Really stunning project i wish this gift was for me lol !!!Thank you so much for sharing it with us at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Kerry x

brenda said...

Hi Lorraine

This one is gorgeous.

Sorry not visited in a few days, optic neuritis again so computer limited to short bursts.

B x

Roxie said...

You did a wonderful job on this gift box, I'm amazed at all the detail, fabulous work!

Roxie

Vicky said...

WOWWWWWW.....this is absolutely amazing hun, truly gorgeous & what a fabulous idea....I wonder if I should make myself one so hubby can put my crimbo crafty goodies in pmsl. Loving everysingle one of your tilda's. Its all perfect!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jules said...

Wow Lorraine .. .. how wonderful!!!

A real labour of love and it looks amazing. I am sure your Mum will love the box as much as the contents.

So many fantastic elements.

Love Jules xx

scrapperjulia said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Lorraine! You put a LOT of work into this! Just beautiful!

KarenB said...

It looks amazing, Lorraine. I love how you've got Tilda sitting on top like that :)

Cor* said...

Absolutely wonderful & well thought out creation! Great coloring, and flowers!! Perfect in every way!

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

WE LOVE STAMPING FEMININE REMINDER

 Today is a midway reminder of our challenge at WE LOVE STAMPING the theme is  FEMININE  This is my DT card  I decided to go Art Deco and us...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020