My Lovely Supporters

27 Mar 2011

Creative Inspirations #56

Hi all our new challenge at Creative Inspirations is for MOTHERS DAY/MUM
our sponsor is

This weeks sponsor is the lovely Joanna Sheen who has kindly donated £10 voucher to spend in her lovely shop. Have a look at the Online Craft Shop section of the site, there are so many varied products that might be just what you are looking for and our supplies are all offered with free postage and packing or shipping worldwide. We have many more to add and usually increase the selection every month. All the products that you see me demonstrating on Ideal World TV or Create and Craft will be here on the website and the times and dates of my next few TV shows are mentioned in the TV Shows section together with public shows and store demonstrations where you can catch up with me.Happy Crafting!
Here is my Mothers Day project, there are quite a few pictures so enjoy.

Ever since I saw Vickys, aka Sticky with Icky, tissue box tutorial I wanted to try it and thought that it would make a great gift on Mothers Day. The pictures below show what I came up with.
I recently bought myself a couple of images from The Paper Shelter and this little 1920's lady was top on the list.  
My first picture shows the card I coloured all images with Copics, I have used K&Co papers, flowers from Wild Orchid, Marianne Die Cuts, ribbons and a stamped sentiment. 
I decorated 3 sides of the box again using K&Co papers, flowers and Nesties Labels No:4, I have used SU Rassleberry card stock and silver holographic card, I used a MS border punch for the lace effect on the lid. 
The front panel of the box I used one of the Butterfly die cuts in silver holographic card and flowers. 
Finally this is the third panel once again using the 20's image. 
I used the Nestie Label No:4 Die for the aperture in the top I added a silver die cut corner, ribbon and flowers. 
Finally to finish off this little project I decided to make a box for the card, I used white textured heavy card stock, I added two gold corner stickers.
The flowers on this box I made myself using a flower stamp from Dimension fourth and a little corner stamp that I found while searching through my stash. 
I stamped the flower with SU Melon Mambo ink then stamped the corner stamp randomly onto the petals, I then cut all twelve flowers out and viola, I did add some lace flowers for the centres and added some ribbon.  The flowers are quite large and I thought they were enough decoration for the box. 

Well that is all the pictures but here is a list of the challenges that I would like to enter this project:
I hope you have enjoyed your visit and maybe have found some inspiration from my project, a visit to the other DT hold many creative and inspirational delights for you to see and are all well worth a visit.
It would be so lovely to see your creations in our challenge so why not enter your work at
Hugs

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH WOW I love this project, what a neat idea, and gift idea!

That 20's girl rocks, she so beautifully done!

Way to go Lorraine, HUGS xoxo

gina g said...

Gorgeous creations Lorraine love the tissue box cover i've just finished another one, Vicky's tutorial is great isn't it. luv gina xx

Laney said...

Gorgeous Lorraine love your projects and your box is stunning too
hugs
laney

Margreet said...

gorgeous box Lorraine....love all details and your colouring is perfect!
xxx Margreet

Suzi Mac said...

Wowzer!! this is fantastic Lorraine, I love both creation and even your box is gorgeous. Hope you're keeping well hun.
Hugs
Suzi x

Debbie said...

So pretty, love the entire project..

Hugs
Debbie

Debs said...

WOW Lorraine this is truly beautiful work.
Love the colours you have used and the image is so sweet.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a fantastic group of lovelies. I adore your flowers on the card box especially.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lorraine I really must try that tissue box as it looks so gorgeous as does your card to, they are both stunning. with hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Katherine K :) said...

Wow! Your work is beautiful. I love the flowers especially.
Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Create!
Hugs,
Katherine

Crystal said...

Oh my word AWESOME project!!!! LOVE this Lorraine!!! Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Holy moly Lorraine, what a FANTASTIC project! Love everything about it, especially that amazing handmade flower. Somebody is going to get an absolutly amazing gift!

Mandy said...

Hi Lorraine,
Both projects are simple stunning I love everything on the tissue box...And your card is as equally beautiful but I have to confess the flowers on your box have stolen the show for me,they are gorgeous...Great work....
Mandy x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow what a stunning creation hun, totally beautiful work, fab colouring, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

cheryl said...

oh wow hunny this is just stuning adore that image with such gorgeous detail and that box is just amazing hun hugs cheryl xxxxx

Annette said...

Wow, this is stunning. There is so much work in this box and it is amazing. Love it. Fantastic project. Annette xx (2 Sisters DT)

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Wow! The flowers on your box are beautiful! I'll have to give them a try sometime.
Sara

ike said...

Fabulous creations.
Thank you for joining us at Simply Create this week.

Ike xx
Simply Create Design Team

Cards By MI said...

It's a wonderful project of yours. It looks fantastic. Well done! Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Delphine said...

WOW, Lorraine, what a gorgeous project! Your image is fantastic, your papers and colours gorgeous, and I love all the embellishments- the butterfly is gorgeous! I love your box for the card too, it is so elegant! Gorgeous work (and I can see a lot of work here!!!) Hugs Delphine xx

Vicky said...

WOWWWWWWWWW.....sweetie this is truly beautiful....wow....its perfect I love the paper & the images are perfect & I'm drooling over them flowers they are beeeoooootifullll. Thank you so much for following my tute hun it really does mean a lot & gosh what an awesome job you have done of it. Amazing!!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

sallysbitz2 said...

This is just sooo gorgeous. Your mum will be over the moon with it x

Love the sentiment.... was it a digi stamp?

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Riet said...

So beautiful creations,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandra said...

Stunning creations....thanks for joining us this week at TPS.

Take care
San x

Josephine said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Lynne in NI said...

WOW Lorraine! What a fabulous project! And that's such a sweet image - coloured beautifully too!

Tracy said...

What a totally gorgeous gift set, the whole set is so beautiful lorraine.
Hope you are well!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Christine said...

All your projects are gorgeous this week, Lorraine!!! I especially like this little girl!

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Lorraine, this is totally stunning.What a fabulous gift.Great job.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Tamara Morton said...

Wonderful card and gift box thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Nikbee said...

What absolutely gorgeous projects Lorraine. I love the DP and the image is fab.

Nikki x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just beautiful! You do such great 3D work!

Deanne :)

gina g said...

Yoo hoo it's only me again different hat though lol,this is such a gorgeous creation hun. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Shelter for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

jaine drake said...

Wow is all I can say and wow again. This is so beautiful.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at
TPS.....

Hugs
Judith

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!! These projects are totally GORGEOUS!! Love the coloring on your image and your beautiful tissue box!! So sweet!! TFS! HUGS

StampingMinnie said...

Lovely card -- the roses -- just gorgeous. Thank you so very much for participaing in our challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Please come back and join us again.

Mary Lou said...

Lorraine darling~~this is OVER THE TOP!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!
OMGosh it is leaving me speechless--that takes alot:)
Everything just everything is stunning~~~ Those cute little ladies --the butterfly die cut--and THOSE Gorgeous Flowers you made ~~~I AM WOWWED!!!
Hope you are having a great week!!
Hugz of Love
Mary lou

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mother's day project! Any mom would be thrilled to receive it. I love all the details. All gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a gorgeous project! Yuor details are amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

Emma said...

So beautiful, such gorgeous colours & details.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Merry said...

Oh wow...what amazing creations. Terrific colouring and such wonderful embellishments.

Julie said...

How fabulous!! Gorgeous colouring and wonderful papers! Thanks for sharing with us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

Janice said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing Simply Create!

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

WE LOVE STAMPING FEMININE REMINDER

 Today is a midway reminder of our challenge at WE LOVE STAMPING the theme is  FEMININE  This is my DT card  I decided to go Art Deco and us...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020